Lost Ducky, again.
This is Charlotte with her beloved Ducky when she was 7 months old. We lost him just after Christmas this year at church somewhere. I had a back-up Ducky that she never took to, but one day I pulled him out and said, "Look Charlotte, it's Ducky!" and then she grabbed him and said, "Yeah! You found him!" She will only suck her thumb with the duck, holding on to his little wing. Well, we lost second Ducky a few days ago and can't find him either. It's hard to let go: of course she needs to stop sucking her thumb, but I don't think I'm ready for her to grow up like this??! She has been sleeping instead with Musty, the stuffed dog I slept with when I was little (I misread his name as a 4-year old...it was really "Mutsy" on the tag). Anyhow, we'll let you know if second Ducky turns up.


2 comments:
We have that same duck. If you really need one, I can send it to you. Let me know... seriously. I'm sure my girls would understand and be glad to help.
R (if you remember) is attached to the Hippo, made by the same company. We have a "back-up hippo" incase she ever lost him, but she hasn't yet. The only problem is, she has seen the back-up and wants that one too. (o:
Oh, poor Charlotte and ducky! Maybe the first one will show up after all the church construction.
Post a Comment