Tuesday, May 29, 2007

In honor of Ford's baptism, I wanted to post this hymn based on his namesake's writings. May Ford long for that fair sweet morn when he will see his bride-groom's face!

The Sands of Time Are Sinking
by Anne Cousin, 1857
based upon Samuel Rutherford, 1600-1661

"They will see his face." Revelation 22:4

The sands of time are sinking, the dawn of heaven breaks,
the summer morn I've sighed for, the fair sweet morn awakes;
dark, dark hath been the midnight, but day-spring is at hand,
and glory, glory dwelleth in Emmanuel's land.

The King there in his beauty without a veil is seen;
it were a well-spent journey though sev'n deaths lay between;
the Lamb with his fair army doth on Mount Zion stand,
and glory, glory dwelleth in Emmanuel's land.

O Christ, he is the fountain, the deep sweet well of love!
The streams on earth I've tasted more deep I'll drink above;
there to an ocean fulness his mercy doth expand,
and glory, glory dwelleth in Emmanuel's land.

The bride eyes not her garment, but her dear bride-groom's face,
I will not gaze at glory, but on my King of grace;
not at the crown he gifteth, but on his pierced hand;
the Lamb is all the glory of Emmanuel's land.

1 comment:

erin said...

Mary, I love your blog! It's so fun to see pictures of you guys. Looks like all the Nease's are well. I just put a stamp on a birth announcement for you guys. Thanks for sending me the link!